MitoTool stand-alone version is available for XP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Ubuntu(>=10.04)/Fedora(>=13)/Mac(>=10.6.8) and provide the major functions of the web-based version but with higher speed. It utilizes the revised Cambridge Reference Sequence (rCRS) recommended or the RSRS as the reference sequence so as to record the variants of mtDNAs and determines the haplogroup status on the basis of mtDNA tree Build 16 or 15 at Phylotree (www.phylotree.org). Meanwhile, MitoTool provides "Transform" function for data conversion between two optional reference sequences.
This page contains information about MitoTool stand-alone version such as bug fixes and release news. Comments and suggestions are welcome. To report bugs or seek assistance, please contact us through email.
If you wish to cite MitoTool stand-alone version in your publications, we would suggest one of the following:
(1) Long Fan, Yong-Gang Yao, An update to MitoTool: Using a new scoring system for faster mtDNA haplogroup determination, Mitochondrion (2013), 13: 360–363
(2) Long Fan, Yong-Gang Yao, MitoTool: A web server for the analysis and retrieval of human mitochondrial DNA sequence variations, Mitochondrion (2011), 11: 351-356
- Update log:
(1) Reference sequence (rCRS or RSRS) is optional now.
(2) Add a tab panel for analyzing the optional regions of mtDNAs.
(3) Add a column for displaying the private variants. Thank Dr. Min-Sheng Peng for his suggestions.
Bug fix and New function for MitoTool 1.1.1 (Jul 9, 2013)
- Update log:
(1) Bug ("Save" button sometimes leads to crash) fixed. Thank Dr. Chuan-chao Wang for reporting this bug.
(2) Add a new function for generating whole mtDNA sequences according to their variants.
Notes 1: Find at "Help" -> "Assistant" -> "SNP2Seq"
Notes 2: Input file: variant file in fasta-like format (see examples at downloaded "example" directory); Output file: sequence file in fasta format
MitoTool 1.1.1 released (Mar 9, 2013)
- Update log: Release MitoTool stand-alone version for Mac OS X (>=10.6.8 Snow Leopard)
MitoTool 1.1.1 released (Mar 5, 2013)
- Update log: Updated to mtDNA tree Build 15
MitoTool 1.1 released (Sep 30, 2012)
- Update log: Release MitoTool stand-alone version for Ubuntu(>=10.04) and Fedora(>=13)
MitoTool 1.1 Beta released (Sep 17, 2012)
- Update log: Recompile MitoTool stand-alone version and make its installation independent of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
MitoTool 1.1 Alpha released (Jun 21, 2012)
- Update log: Save analysis results using XML format which could be directly opened by Excel and other kinds of Office Suites